Friday 6 May 2011

Home and Away

I don't watch that much TV. I watch Glee, Neighbours and Home and Away (I used to watch Friends and Scrubs). Today's post is about Home and Away. Home and Away is set in Australia in the beautiful Summer Bay. There are characters of all ages that all comew together as a comunity. I know that sounds very happy-kids Tv-ish but its not all that happy. There is murder, assault, and scandal. Don't get me wrong, its not like Eastenders where someone dies every other day, it happens maybe once or twice in six months.

I'm going to tell you a little bit about my favourite character, Ruby Buckton. Ruby is redoing Year 12. Her boyfriend is called Casey Braxton (yes, he is a boy). Earlier on she found out that her sister Charlie was in fact her mother who had her when she was young. Ruby has diabetes and at one point was so depressed because of rejection by Romeo Smith, a boy who she had a crush on, that she forgets to take her diabetes. It is after being rejected by Romeo that Casey and her get together. Whe everyine thinks she is a loser he is the only one that stands up for her. Ruby's character revolves around rejection and relationships. At one point, she goes out with Xavier Austin, has a crush on her  music teacher, has a short relationship with Romeo but he refuses to make it anything more than a fling and is now dating Casey. I like Ruby because she is free-spirited and independent.

 I hope I have inspired you to watch this show. *****

1 comment: